Sunday 31 August 2014

Lucy

Weird…..

That’s my review in a word.  This movie was weird.  If you’ve seen the trailer, you know the premise.  Humans only use 10% of their total brain capacity.  Imagine what would happen if we could access all 100% of that capacity?  Well now, thanks to Scarlett Johansson and this film, we know.  And the answer is, weird.

So, did I like the film?  Is it worth seeing?  I don’t know.  I just don’t know.

I LOVE the premise of the film, so massive points for that.  But it’s just too weird in places for me to get fully on board.  There’s also a bit of arty nonsense at the start involving switching between the film itself and shots of a cheetah hunting a deer.  Nonsense!

I suppose, if you push me, I did enjoy the film but I probably won’t watch it again.  I don’t regret seeing it but now having seen it once it’s probably not worth it again.  Like Edinburgh Castle, worth the £18 entry fee for one visit which I’m glad I’ve done, but I won’t pay to go back in.

On the plus side, there are some genuinely quite amusing bits, some laugh out loud bits as well.  So if you like the sound of the premise go see it.  If not, don’t worry so much.

But be warned….it’s weird!

No comments:

Post a Comment